Call for Abstracts Open
Monday, April 13, 2020
Oral/poster Abstracts Submission Closes
Thursday, June 25, 2020
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
- Genome organization & high-order interactions
- The microbiome and the genome – where is the junction?
- Biobanks and their impact on precision medicine
- Human Cell Atlas - Single cell analysis
- AI in health and medicine
- Stem-cell derived organoids
- Cell engineering & gene therapy
- Genomics of ageing
- Immunity and disease
- Integrating metabolism and disease
- Ancient human genomes
- Gene-environment interactions
Abstract Submission Regulations
Each registrant may submit one abstract of his/her work as presenter. The registrant can select to have their abstract considered for an oral or poster format. It is expected that the abstract will include recent work. Inclusion of original work not previously published is highly encouraged.
Only those abstracts that have been reviewed and selected by the Abstract Review Committee may be presented. Abstract submissions will only be accepted electronically through the abstract submission module.
With the submission of an abstract to HGM 2021 Conference, the first author (presenting author):
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract.
- Confirms that all authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented.
- Identifies any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract. This information is to be forwarded to the Scientific Committee together with the abstract.
- Agrees that the acceptance of an abstract does not imply provision of travel, accommodation or registration for the meeting, nor any other costs associated with preparation or presentation of the abstract, and any costs associated with attendance at the meeting
- Gives HUGO permission to publish your abstract, PowerPoint presentation and/or Poster on the Conference or HUGO HGM 2021 website and all other conference materials.
- Gives HUGO permission to film or photograph your presentation at the meeting.
Only the submitting author will receive a confirmation/abstract number by e-mail from the HGM2021 Conference Secretariat within 48 hours of submission. This confirmation of abstract receipt is NOT a notice of acceptance to the program.
If you do not receive any confirmation within 48 hours, please contact the Conference Secretariat email@example.com within one week following the submission of the abstract.
Please note that submitting an abstract does not automatically register you as a delegate. All authors
who submit an abstract are required to register for the meeting upon acceptance of the abstract.
Failure to register will result in the abstract being withdrawn.
If the presenting author is unable to attend the conference, please notify us of an alternative
presenter or withdraw the abstract. Any alternative presenter must also register for the conference.
Abstract Selection Process
Only abstracts submitted online can be accepted. Abstracts submitted by e-mail attachment will not be considered.
The Scientific Committee will make the selection of abstracts for oral and poster presentations by Mid-August, 2020.
From Mid-August 2020, the submitting author will be notified about the result of the review and the Scientific Committee’s decision on the abstract.
If a selected author cannot attend, the presenting author should assign a replacement.
Please note that applicants may be offered a presentation format different to that applied for and not all applications may be accepted.
In order to be considered, an abstract should respect the following guidelines:
- English is the official language.
- The abstract must be submitted in good English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject those abstracts, which are presented in poor English, or may request an immediate revision by the presenter.
- Abstract titles should be brief and should reflect the content of the abstract.
- Commercial names may not be used in the abstract title.
- List first and last names of all authors. Only institutional affiliations, cities and countries should follow.
- The online abstract submission procedure will not accept abstracts that exceed 250 words.
- Abbreviations may be used if standard or if spelled out and defined at the first use. Compounds should be mentioned with the generic name, in lower cases. Commercial names are admitted in the text, with an Related image , and if in brackets following the generic name, i.e. “generic (Commercial Related image)”.
- Supplementary data or appendices will not be accepted.
- Figures or photographs are not allowed.
For questions regarding the online submission process, contact the Conference Secretariat at HGM@ortra.com.